Telecommute Friendly Jobs Such As Customer Service
New York Times has stated that telecommute friendly jobs such as customer service have been on the rise in North America. Customer service positions are opening up even more as companies are trying to cut costs. Having employees work from home can decrease their costs, but also yours. Being able to work from home allows you to avoid daycare costs, avoid excess gas costs and as well as saves time in your day. It allows you to be with your children when they need you. Also, telecommute friendly jobs such as customer service can help people gain employment who may have physical challenges.
Telecommute friendly jobs such as customer service range from handling calls to giving support on the company’s specific product or service. If you desire a position like this, it would require you to have a relatively new computer with an internet connection, some knowledge of using a computer, have your computer updated to one of the newer operating systems, a landline phone as well possess great communication skill as you will likely speak with a variety of customers. You may also need some type of educational background, some will be high school, others may require some college or else some previous experience.
How To Get Telecommute Friendly Jobs Such As Customer Service And Do You Want It?
If you want to get telecommute friendly jobs such as customer service that are legitimate work at home jobs with a decent income, then read on.
1. To begin with, I think knowing the concept of this type of position is helpful. Basically, it is quite simple. The company that hired you will direct customer service calls going to them to you. This is all done through the phone system.
2. Also, understanding what the general responsibilities are that need to be performed is important. Majority of customer service jobs include taking orders for the company and keeping good records, actually fulfilling the orders you receive and of course help the customer in whatever way is needed.
3. There are many good points to working from home. Work from home customer service jobs can be good for mothers (or fathers) who want to stay-at-home with their children or be there for them when they get
home from school as well as people with disabilities, seniors who have retired and/or people attending college. Really for whatever reason someone doesn’t want to work outside the home, but needs a paycheck. If you are interested in doing this type of job then you would pick a customer service job that matches your education and/or experience. Companies generally do their hiring and even training online, although there are some companies who require you to get your training on the company campus and sometimes even work there for a few months before allowing you to telecommute.
4. If you have determined that this is the kind of work from home type position you want, then you have some research ahead of you so you can find legitimate telecommute friendly jobs such as customer service from a reliable work from home customer service opportunity. You can go through the many websites and articles that list legitimate companies and websites regarding this.
5. When you find the telecommute friendly jobs such as customer service, then send them your resume. Treat it like any other position that you may have applied to in the past.
Telecommute Friendly Jobs Such As Customer Service Have Been Increasing
There are a great many perks of doing customer service jobs at home. Apparently, that is why about 25% of the customer service agents in the United States works from home. It is more convenient and you don’t have to deal with office politics and drama to name a couple.
In order for any business to stay in business, it needs to obtain and keep customers. As a customer service representative it will be important for you to display a professional, understanding and trusting demeanor in order to help customers feel comfortable to continue do business with the company. Long-term customers are needed so you will want to be as helpful as possible.
It has been reported that there is a growing need for customer service jobs. This should provide more job possibilities for you. If you have the personality and skill to do customers service type jobs, then you can acquire some decent income with the right company.
Another interesting note that could increase telecommute friendly jobs such as customer service is that representatives working from home generally stick around longer and earn more money than those working at the company office. This is good for the employer and employee as it brings them more solid business. Indirectly, employers can also save on office rent, electricity, water and other equipment. Due to all these things, there should be more telecommute friendly jobs such as customer service in the future.